Three men were indicted on Saturday after the arson of the porch of Bordeaux town hall on March 23, during incidents following the demonstration against pension reform, the prosecution said in a press release.
A first suspect, born in 1986, was indicted for “degradation of public property by incendiary substance” and “participation in a group formed with a view to preparing violence” and imprisoned.
He has already been the subject of 21 convictions, including two for “damage to an object of public utility”, said the prosecutor of the Republic of Bordeaux Frédérique Porterie.
Two other suspects, born in 1998 and 2004, were also indicted solely for “participation in a group formed to prepare violence” and placed under judicial control.
The prosecution appealed against their placement under judicial supervision.
A first suspect had already been indicted for the same facts the previous Saturday.
The fire on the porch of the town hall had lasted about fifteen minutes on the evening of March 23, after the end of a demonstration against the pension reform enamelled with overflows, damaging the massive wooden door of the building, before being extinguished by firefighters.
The damage is estimated at nearly 3 million euros by the town hall.