Miami: The good move of Halys

Quentin Halys created a sensation in the second round of the Masters 1000 in Miami by winning after three decisive games against Alex de Minaur, seeded number 15 in the tournament, who had a match point in the second set. Félix Auger-Aliassime, meanwhile, released Thiago Monteiro.

Quentin Halys knew how to be obstinate. Opposed to seeded number 15 Alex de Minaur in the second round of the Masters 1000 in Miami, the Frenchman went for the victory after three very tight sets. After four first games without much difficulty, the Australian was the first to break but saw the Habs respond in stride to come back level. If Alex de Minaur had the advantage in the exchange, he was not successful on the five opportunities to take Quentin Halys’ service that followed. From then on, the logical conclusion was an indecisive tie-break from start to finish. If the 79th player in the world was able to respond to the accelerations of his opponent, it was the Australian who had the last word on his second set point. A trend that the 18th player in the world confirmed at the start of the second round. Indeed, after saving two break points in the first game, he was able to take the serve of Quentin Halys to race in the lead but was nervous. Indeed, when serving for the match, Alex de Minaur lost his means and revived the Habs after three break points. Recovering from the going, the Australian went for a match point on the commitment of his opponent.

Halys never flinched

The Habs were able to hold on and get rid of him. An opportunity to conclude that the 18th in the world may regret. A second decisive game concluded the set and, this time, it was Quentin Halys who raced in the lead from start to finish to completely restart the match. Remobilized, the Frenchman was close to taking control of operations on his opponent’s first service game, but without success. It was only a postponement since the native of Bondy got what he wanted two games later. A game of service in advance which however did not last very long, Alex de Minaur picking up immediately. From there, the two players neutralized each other and had to once again resort to the deciding game to decide. After going blow for blow, the Australian failed on two match points when the French missed his first opportunity to conclude. However, it was Quentin Halys who was able to conclude the meeting with his opponent’s commitment after a showdown lasting more than three hours (6-7, 7-6, 7-6 in 3h20 ‘) . For a place in the round of 16, the Habs will find Mackenzie McDonald, who fell this Saturday from the seeded number 19 Matteo Berrettini (7-6, 7-6 in 2h18 ‘).

Auger-Aliassime gets out of the Monteiro trap

The decisive games, Félix Auger-Aliassime also practiced during his match against Thiago Monteiro. The Canadian, seeded number 5, had to work to win after almost three hours of combat. The first set took place for a long time without the slightest break point but it was when serving to stay in the first set that the Brazilian trembled. “FAA” had two opportunities to turn in the lead but without success. The start of the tiebreak was hung but it was the native of Montreal who made the difference, concluding with his third set point. The second round essentially saw Félix Auger-Aliassime take the lead in the exchange but without managing to convert the three break points obtained very early. Holding the shock perfectly, Thiago Monteiro decided to go to the decisive game. Quickly led after conceding the first disputed point on his serve, the Brazilian dismissed the first two match points before failing on his first and only set point. On the fourth occasion, “FAA” put an end to the suspense (7-6, 7-6 in 2h43′) and will be the next opponent of Francisco Cerundolo, seeded number 25 and scorer of Aleksandar Kovacevic (6-4, 6-4 in 1h24 ‘).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

    Alpes-de-Haute-Provence : le département placé en vigilance sécheresse

    Mega-basins in Deux-Sèvres: 6,000 people gathered in Vanzay, including “several radical individuals”