Here is an original variant of the recipe where the semolina is replaced by quinoa.
In addition, she prepares in advance. Which can be very handy.
quinoa tabbouleh, a light recipe very pleasant to savor… and gluten free !
For 4 people
– 400 g of quinoa
– 1 cucumber
– 3 tomatoes
– 1 lemon (for its juice)
– some raisins
– a few mint and coriander leaves
– olive oil, salt and pepper
How to do
1. For 4 glasses of quinoa (4 people), I use 4 glasses of water.
2. I cook the quinoa seeds for 10 min then I let cool off the heat.
3. In the meantime, I prepare small cubes of cucumber, garlic and tomato, I chop a sprig of mint and one of coriander. I also squeeze the juice from half a lemon.
4. I mix all my ingredients, then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, pepper and some raisins.
5. I let the dish rest in the fridge for an hour.
There you go, your original quinoa tabbouleh is ready 🙂
Easy, fast and cheap !
It’s easy to do, don’t you think?
No need for Thermomix to make this delicious salad!
This recipe is the same as the one with bulgur tabbouleh.
But the quinoa is good lighter and much healthier for the body.
For what ?
Because it contains more protein than most cereals. And in addition, it is very digestible and gluten-free.
Ideal in times of stress, anemia or fatigue, quinoa also contains vitamin E.
It can act on hot flashes and is excellent for maintaining beautiful skin.
Want to prevent your quinoa seeds from sticking together? Leave them to rest for 10 minutes at the end of cooking, off the heat, without covering them.
They will be light and airy!
If you want to do Lebanese quinoa tabboulehs, it’s easy.
Keep the same recipe. And add two bunches of finely chopped parsley. A delight !
Adapt this recipe to your tastes: without cucumber, with tuna… Vary the pleasures!
It is a light and healthy recipe, perfect as part of a balanced diet.
But you can have a slightly richer tabbouleh by adding chickpeas, feta and avocado. It’s an original vegetarian dish and it’s a treat!
My shopping note
– 400 g of quinoa: €3.98 per kilo, i.e. €1.59
– 1 cucumber: €0.99 each
– 3 tomatoes: around 360 g at €2.50 per kilo, i.e. €0.90
– 1 lemon (for its juice): around 100 g at €3.60 per kilo, i.e. €0.36
– 50 g a few raisins: €4.72 per kilo, i.e. €0.24
Either an entry returning to me at €1.02 per person or €4.08 for 4 people.
Did you already know quinoa? How do you cook it? Come tell us about it in the comments. We can’t wait to read you!
Share this tip
Do you like this trick ? Click here to save it to Pinterest or click here to share it with your friends on Facebook.
Also to discover:
My Quinoa Spring Galettes at €1.50 per person.
The 10 Benefits Of Chia Seeds That No One Knows About.